An end and new beginning

It's Saturday of Easter Week and I just finished the last piece of Pizza Grana. It's an Italian Easter Pie. That's the end of the leftovers from our Easter feast except for a little lamb roast (It went a long way this year!). I figure now's as good a time as any to start my blog.

Starting something new takes me time. I'm generally a creature of habit. This time, it took the last of the Pizza Grana. Sometimes it's the result of the steely-willed action of a disciplined mind. But not usually.

As for the Pizza Grana, I think it's the best my wife has made - ever. She thinks it's just as good as always. That's okay. The important thing is she made it. Few people make this anymore. Some mistake it for Pizza Rustica. That's the pie with ricotta, other cheeses and meats. Kind of quiche. You could eat it as a meal.

Pizza Grana's made with ricotta, wheat, and citron. You can add other things like Nestle's chocolate chips. It's more of a dessert, though our kids eat it for breakfast too. (I used to, but I try to eat more "healthy" stuff these days.)

Well, with that last bite and gulp of coffee, I'll sign off for this first installment. I'd have included a recipe for Pizza Grana, but they're not easy to find. Too bad. It's soooo good....

Comments

Popular Posts