Something We Learned Thanks to That Google Guy That Got Fired

The recent firing of that Google guy stirred up a lot of commentary. On one side, you'll find those who attack James Damore personally, in typical doctrinaire left-wing fashion: No debate or discussion of the issue or issues involved; just an outright vicious attack that portrays the guy as bad, bad, bad. On the other, you'll find some attempt (by the more rational, sane world) to discuss the firing in a tempered and thoughtful manner.

Rather than add anything about the infamous memo and/or Mr. Damore, let's reference one thing we learned from all this: Apparently guys like to work with things while women prefer working with people. Not all guys or all women, of course. But in general, that seems to be the case.

(This article on Zerohedge.com dives into a fair amount of detail on this.)

Why bring this up? Frankly, it confirms my experience. And it provides a good example of the fact that men and women are different. Really.

The very idea that pointing out differences between people, whether based on gender, ethnic background, geographical location, citizenship of a particular country, etc., somehow indicates a degree of intolerance or insensitivity or whatever is beyond absurd. No one with an ounce of intelligence could hold this position. And yet many do.

I suspect the Google guy will pick up a job fairly quickly. And whether the article noted is correct or not - that Google will, over time, experience a "brain drain" - Google now goes on the list of politically-correct companies that will sacrifice anyone and anything to remain politically correct. (That list, unfortunately, is long.)

It all reminds me of the time I was lured back to a company for which I had previously worked. I had to attend orientation at HR, even though I'd already worked at the company. At the time, I had hear of "Diversity" executives, but hadn't had to give them much thought (thank goodness). But since my first tour at this company, a Chief Diversity Officer had been hired. And so there I was being subjected to endless propaganda about a whole palette of nonsense that gave me the impression that, as opposed to being concerned about growth and profits, this company's entire reason for existing boiled down to its support of "diversity." Had I had another opportunity at hand, I think I would have excused myself and resigned. But, alas, I didn't.

Good luck if you're at one of these companies. Were I still at that company I'd likely say virtually nothing to anyone about anything at this point.


Comments

Popular Posts