Happy Thanksgiving - But the Stock Market isn't Happy

Most years the stock market goes up the week before Thanksgiving. Volume is low as people get away for the holiday and spirits are high. Result: stock prices trade up. Not so this year.

Normally, I'd dismiss something like this. After all, there's no law that says the market has to go up. But coming as this does in the midst of the European debt crisis and the collapse of MF Global (see my post re that today), I'm concerned.

And when you add in the fact that just about everything is heading down - except for US Treasuries) - I'm at the point of worrying.

Well, there goes the idea of just saying "Happy Thanksgiving" I guess.

Then again, why should this spoil everything, right? Soon our family will be together and I've personally got tons to thank God for. Besides, my portfolios are positioned where they need to be for now.

OK God, sorry for almost letting worry getting in the way of being thankful. Thank you, THANK YOU, for all your blessings.

I hope you all have a lot to thank God for too.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Comments

Popular Posts