Retail Sales on Black Friday Not What You Were Told

Retail sales on Black Friday proved to be less than advertised.

I suggested you question all the media hype after Black Friday and that advice proved worthy of your consideration. So please develop the habit of questioning the major media...please. They frequently pump us with propaganda - in this case that Black Friday shopping indicates consumer spending is jumping, which supposedly tells us thing are just fine with the economy.

Now, it's not that I'm being "negative" here - just facing the facts. It does you no good to believe nonsense, even if it "feels good." Really.

Besides, the media, even when it's not pumping propaganda, frequently spouts inaccuracies as a matter of common practice. If you don't think so, try this little exercise.

Read articles published by major media outlets that have something to do with whatever areas you know something about. I can almost guarantee you'll find inaccuracies, sometimes absolutely shockingly gross in accuracies in what's written. I'm guessing such articles are written by reporters who simply don't to their homework.

After you do this a few times, you may find you'll spend less time reading major media "news" reporting. Much of it really is a waste of time.

Do you think this has anything to do with the plummeting readership that newspapers have experienced. Yes, I realize that the Internet has a lot to do with it. But I also think I'm not the only one who's just turned off to the nonsense and propaganda. I've got better things to do with my time and maybe there are a lot of other folks who think the same.

Comments

Popular Posts